Why are you using rawhide (Re: Broken deps in rawhide reports; Participate in improving docs)

Mary Ellen Foster M.E.Foster at ed.ac.uk
Tue Nov 8 13:42:28 UTC 2005

On 11/5/05, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at redhat.com> wrote:
> * Where did you learn about the existance of rawhide from?

Can't remember any more ... probably some Red Hat website, around the
era of RH 8 or 9.

> * How did you get started on using it?

I installed the betas of Red Hat 9 when they came out. Then,
afterwards, I wanted to stay up to date with things.

> * What motivates use to use it?

Being able to get newer versions of software without having to
download, configure, and compile them myself. Most recently, I've been
selectively updating particular packages from rawhide: Eclipse,
Firefox, OpenOffice.org and KDE are the main ones.

MEF

--
__ Mary Ellen Foster __ http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/mef/ __
"One of the main causes of the fall of the Roman Empire was that,