Broken scriptlets - will they be fixed by test1?

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Mon Nov 14 11:55:59 UTC 2005

I encountered many broken scriplets which effected many programs and
effected the kernelinstallation also.

kernel-2.6.14-1.1656_FC5 was the last non-broken kernel version for me.
The others downloaded via yum but failed to install. Rpm itself ended up
becoming non-functional since it was downloading, meeting deps with
other programs, but failing because of the actual installed version
relied on libssl.so.5 along with another so.5 library.

To get rpm functional again, I made a symlink for so.5 from so.6 versions.

Anyway, many programs had broken scriptlets. The list of problem
packages was quite long. I ran rpm -Uvh <package> --noscripts on the
broken scriptlet packages and am aware that this probably negatively
impacted the correct installation for these packages. Of course using
-ivh --noscripts on the kernel was useless. :-)

Jim

--
If Windows sucked it would be good for something.