Broken scriptlets - will they be fixed by test1?

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 13:12:10 UTC 2005

On 11/14/05, Jim Cornette <fct-cornette at insight.rr.com> wrote:
> Anyway, many programs had broken scriptlets. The list of problem
> packages was quite long. I ran rpm -Uvh <package> --noscripts on the
> broken scriptlet packages and am aware that this probably negatively
> impacted the correct installation for these packages. Of course using
> -ivh --noscripts on the kernel was useless. :-)

when booted into the 1656 kernel, i had some interesting problems
trying to use mkinitrd, even manually.  I still don't know why that
happened, but the problem with mkinitrd when booted into 1656 was the
underlying problem trying to install new kernels.  As soon as I booted
into an older kernel the problems with mkinitrd went away and I was
able to install kernel rpms without any problem.  I am now booted into
1663 and able to install kernels via yum and rpm without issue.

I have not had a problem with any other scriplets.  The other failures
your are seeing are most likely a cascade effect of from having a a
large update transaction set fail part way through... leaving a trail
of broken deps.

-jef