Rawhide install success

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sun Nov 20 12:58:16 UTC 2005

MJang wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Just reporting success with an install from today's (11-18) Rawhide on
> my HP Laptop (ze4500 series). Presumably with the freeze in effect,
> today's build is essentially the same as what we'll see from FC5 Test 1.
> So if you want a pre-preview.....
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

The first attempt I tried installed up until the mirrors updated and the
packages were different than before. When rebooting to try the
installation again, the installer complained the boot.iso was not
correct. Burning a new boot.iso and ftp installing again led to a great
istallation on my end. No errors with the installer and IMO, the
installer is more professional looking and easier for me to tailor
settings to my fit when firstboot arrives. (radeon video, HP ze4300 laptop)

boot.iso was dated Nov 19th for successful clean install.

Jim

--
Misery no longer loves company.  Nowadays it insists on it.
		-- Russell Baker