GDM not starting Gnome or KDE because of bash_completion

Paul Dickson paul at permanentmail.com
Tue Nov 22 21:19:38 UTC 2005

I finally tracked down why I couldn't start Gnome from GDM, but I could
from startx.  bash_completion was being initialized twice
by /etc/X11/gdm/Xsession.  Once as ". /etc/profile" and again as ".
$HOME/.profile" which was doing a ". /etc/profile" also.

I placed an "echo" command before and after the .profile is referenced.
The first one is hit, but not the second.

This problem didn't hit me until I installed the modular X, so who do I
file the bug report against?

	-Paul