FC5T1 installer hangs after installing glib (audit/selinux issue?)

Mary Ellen Foster mefoster at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 00:13:46 UTC 2005

I'll bugzilla this, but I just wanted to check first whether anyone
else had the same experience. The FC5T1 installer got as far as
downloading and installing glibc, and then appeared to hang. I checked
the other virtual consoles, and the last line on console 4 is:

<5>audit(1132789946.808:3): avc: denied  { transition } for  pid=711
comm="anaconda" name="libgcc_post_upgrade" dev=dm-0 ino=227590
scontext=system_u:system_r:anaconda_t:s0
tcontext=system_u:system_r:rpm_script_t:s0 tclass=process

I don't usually run selinux, so I don't fully understand how it works.
Is the above error probably responsible for my hanging install? Has
anyone else seen this?

I've now left it sitting there for about half an hour, and it seems
completely wedged. If I switch back to virtual console 8 (where the
installer is), the GUI isn't even refreshing.

Am I the only one that this happened to? Any suggestions for getting past it?

Thanks,

MEF

--
__ Mary Ellen Foster __ http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/mef/ __
"One of the main causes of the fall of the Roman Empire was that,