Install: no chance via FTP neither in graph nor in text mode

John Summerfied debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Fri Nov 25 21:36:48 UTC 2005

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On 11/25/05, Roger Grosswiler <roger at gwch.net> wrote:
>
>>Hey Folks,
>>
>>i tried to install FC5/T1 via ftp from a mirror. No success, gonna
>>download the iso-images 1-3 today (hope for a standard install they are
>>enough)
>>

> I would strongly suggest attempting the ftp or http install from a
> local ftp/http server that you control instead of trying to do an ftp
> install from the wild internet, to minimize network issues that you
> have no control over.
>
> -jef

I installed an FC2 beta a while ago via dialup off the wild internet.

I used another box running Apache as a proxy; when my connexion dropped
I reconnected and restarted, loading from the cache.

It would work extremely well from broadband except for one little
problem: I have good evidence http install doesn't actually work.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait