kernel-2.6.14-1.1639_FC5 - dead usb

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Sat Nov 26 08:12:55 UTC 2005

On Saturday 05 November 2005 09:07, Marius Andreiana
<mandreiana.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> After upgrading to rawhide kernel (including kudzu, udev, hwdata..) USB
> stopped working. I also have an optical mouse on usb, and when kernel
> boots the light in it dies.

For me kernel 2.6.14-1.1665_FC5 had a problem much like this.  The first time
I inserted a USB device it worked, every time I inserted a device after that
I received an error.  The problem is not in 2.6.14-1.1696_FC5, and I'm not
sure which version first had the bug (maybe 1639).