Xen kernels in FC5t1

Gawain Lynch gawain.lynch at bigpond.com
Wed Nov 30 02:26:57 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-11-30 at 01:31 +0000, Andy Burns wrote:
> Gawain Lynch wrote:
>
> > Are the Xen kernels in FC5t1 *supposed* to be in a working state
>
> Not tried them yet ...
>
> > has anyone had any luck in getting the hypervisor kernel to boot as a
> > VMware guest?
>
> Is it even *fair* to expect that to work? Surely the Xen hypervisor
> needs unfettered access to the real processor?

Yes, I have had them running in older version previously and there are
people on xen-devel who have also.

I just remember that (Rik I think) mentioned a while ago that they were
broken in rawhide and were being kept there as a sort of placeholder.

The problem I am seeing if anyone is interested is that Xen seems to be
unable to initialise the LVM volumes and hence can't find a root
filesystem.