x86-64 rawhide update obnoxiousness

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Tue Oct 11 13:19:12 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 11 October 2005 08:52, seth vidal wrote:
> Maybe I should add a routine where:
>  if we're on a biarch machine and we're updating a package for one arch,
> check for the biarch package and see if it can be updated too.

I think that would be helpful. I cannot imagine anyone wanting to keep .i386
& .x86_64 packages out of sync.

Also, over time packages should become 64 bit clean and a .i386 version may no
longer be required. Is there any way to spot .i386 packages that are no
longer needed and can be removed? Right now, you have to download 211 MB of
files to update kde. I wonder what is pulling in the i386 packages for kde.

Thanks,
-Steve