Fedora Core 4 Test Update: NetworkManager-0.5.0-1.FC4.1

Thomas J. Baker tjb at unh.edu
Wed Oct 19 14:41:09 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-10-19 at 09:01 -0400, Thomas J. Baker wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-10-18 at 21:47 -0400, Christopher Aillon wrote:
> > Fedora Test Update Notification
> > FEDORA-2005-1002
> > 2005-10-18
> >
> > Product     : Fedora Core 4
> > Name        : NetworkManager
> > Version     : 0.5.0
> > Release     : 1.FC4.1
> > Summary     : Network link manager and user applications
> > Description :
> > NetworkManager attempts to keep an active network connection available at all
> > times.  It is intended only for the desktop use-case, and is not intended for
> > usage on servers.   The point of NetworkManager is to make networking
> > configuration and setup as painless and automatic as possible.  If using DHCP,
> > NetworkManager is _intended_ to replace default routes, obtain IP addresses
> > from a DHCP server, and change nameservers whenever it sees fit.

> > * Tue Oct 18 2005 Christopher Aillon <caillon at redhat.com> - 0.5.0-1.FC4.1
> > - Update to NetworkManager 0.5.0
> >

> Has this worked for anyone? The network on my laptop stopped working
> with dbus-daemon and NetworkManager pinning the CPU and Networkmanager
> complaining about /sbin/dhcdbd not existing (and it's not installable.)
>
> I had equally bad luck with my rawhide laptop but thought it was just
> because it was rawhide...
>
> tjb

I must have typoed trying to install dhcdbd and now that it's installed
everything works. I must have hit a bug where having a wired connection
during startup makes nm-applet say there's no network connection but
unplugging it and plugging it back in fixes it. I'll bugzilla that one.

tjb
| Thomas Baker                                  email: tjb at unh.edu    |