kernels installed

Gene C. czar at czarc.net
Fri Oct 28 20:18:56 UTC 2005

I notice that a development install only installs the smp kernel on a system
with multiple processors.  Is this working as intended?

While this may be working as intended, I have had problems with smp kernels on
FC4 (Dell Workstation 350).  This was corrected in a kernel update (but not
the kernel on the FC4 install disks).  When the smp kernel was booted,
neither the keyboard or the mouse worked!  With an updated kernel and the
kernel parameter usb-handoff, it worked.

If FC5 will not have both smp and up kernels installed by default, I suggest
an installation package option to have both installed.
--
Gene