boot changes with latest rawhide

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.com
Mon Sep 12 00:16:46 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-09-11 at 18:17 -0400, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-09-11 at 14:07 -0500, Mike Chambers wrote:
> > Anyone noticed that while booting up, that after the "Initializing
> > hardware....Audio Network etc.." that everything shifts left just a
> > little and the S in Starting on all of the start up menus can't be seen?
>
> Kernel fb modules are now getting loaded if there's one appropriate for
> your hardware.  It's entirely possible that some of them have bugs ;-)

To make sure I understand, are you saying that at the time mentioned
above during the boot process, that kernel fb modules are being loaded
at that time and possibly the reason for the shifting is due to some of
the modules might be buggy?

Or did you mean something else?  And does a bug need to be submitted and
against what (depends on what hardware?)?  Do I need to post anything
about my hardware to help see what is related/wrong to the list?

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"Everything is always harder, before it's easier!