Floppy Icon No Longer Appears in the Computer Icon

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Thu Sep 15 15:51:36 UTC 2005

On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 10:43:53AM -0500, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> MJ> Thanks.  But this seems to mean that floppies generally are not on
> MJ> a critical list any longer or we would see "official" updates a
> MJ> long time ago.
>
> It could mean that.  Or it could mean that the maintainer of HAL
> thinks that this should be fixed in the kernel.  Or it could mean that
> the HAL maintainer is simply busy, or didn't see the bug report, or
> whatever.

You are right that "whatever" but if floppies were "the first line
items" then a pressure on maintainers caused by an avalanche of
complaints would be considerable and the issue not allowed to lay
idle.

Especially that fix does not seem to be very complicated and it
does not look that you can expect nasty side-effects.

   Michal