Does AIGLX work on FC5 + (updates or some of rawhide) yet?

Ola Thoresen redhat at olen.net
Wed Apr 12 08:47:16 UTC 2006

2006-04-12 "Felipe Alfaro Solana" <felipe.alfaro at gmail.com> wrote
>> Reverted to a "normal" Gnome-session and tested glxgears - it gives me
>> a whopping 55 FPS in full screen mode, with 100% CPU usage.
>> =;-)
>
> Did you disable "Composite" extension before trying glxgears? Those
> numbers are extremely low. Some drivers don't cope well when mixing
> Composite with OpenGL by default and need some specific configuration
> options placed in xorg.conf.

Yes. I commented out the "Composite" extention and restarted X.

If I run glxgears in a normal window, I get 600-700 FPS, and top shows a
cpu usage of about 20% for glxgears.
When I maximize the window, the number drops to 55, and cpu usage goes
up to 99%.
If i cover the glxgears-window, top still shows 99% cpu usage for
glxgears, but the FPS goes up to 3500.

Rgds.

Ola Thoresen