Ethernet Colliions on FC5

Jim Bevier jim at jbsys.com
Tue Apr 18 01:59:35 UTC 2006

I have a Lite-On Communucations LNE100TX ethernet card.  The card uses the
tulip driver.  I am getting LOTS of collision errors when talking to a 3COM
cable modem.  I did not see this behavior with FC4 or any of the FC5 test
releases.  I am running FC5 smp kernel 2080.  I have tried a different cable
and also setting the card to full duplex using mii-tool.  If I set it to
full duplex, I get lots of errors/framing errors instead of collision
errors.  What can I do to fix/determine the cause of this problem?  What can
I do to fix the problem?

Jim