yum appears to fail to complete updates if interrupted

Gerry Tool gstool at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 10 18:04:56 UTC 2006

I was performing a yum update in FC5 when the system froze.  On reboot,
I executed yum update again and it updated a partial list of the
packages that were listed in the first attempt.  However, one of the
packages in the original list, but not the second list was firefox,
updating to 1.5.0.6.  After the update, my firefox is still at 1.5.0.4.
I have tried several things to get it to update, all unsuccessfully,
including yum clean all followed by another update attempt, and
downloading the package and using rpm.  That fails due to dependencies
which apparently were also in the interrupted update.

Is there some way to clear this up so the failed updates will proceed?

Thanks.

Gerry