FC6t2: i386 -devel packages installed on x86-64 system

Michel Salim michel.salim at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 04:41:59 UTC 2006

Installing FC6t2 from the x86-64 DVD, I selected all optional
installation sets (software development, web server, etc.) but opted
not to customize the package list. After installation the following
i386 -devel packages were installed, to my surprise - as best as
memory serves, no i386 -devel packages were ever included in the
x86-64 trees.

evolution-data-server-devel
gnome-desktop-devel
gnome-panel-devel
gnome-pilot-devel

There probably are others that I missed.

Even more bizzarely, some applications were duplicated as well:
control-center
evolution
evolution-data-server
gaim
gnome-media
gnome-utils
nautilus
nautilus-cd-burner
totem

Is there a reason behind this, or is this a bug in the package set?

Thanks,

--
Michel Salim
http://www.cs.indiana.edu/~msalim