weird firefox crash with suspected 'popups'.

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Mon Dec 11 04:55:18 UTC 2006

Hmmm,

I've seen the following a couple of times and I'm wondering whether
others have also noticed this.

Every now and then I do a refresh (at least I think I'm refresh) of a
page in Firefox and it opens the current page in a new window, without
any of the usual page trimmings (like navigation, bookmarks, etc).  Much
like a javascript window.open would do with just the bare necessities.

When I close this unexpected window, firefox crashes, wiping out all
firefox windows.  However, a couple of times I've noticed small firefox
windows behind this window that I know I haven't opened and that look
suspiciously like what I would imagine would be in a pop-up window if I
saw one (I only use filefox, so any pop-ups are rare to say the least).

I've seen this a couple of times and I'm wondering if anyone can confirm
that they've seen something similar too.  To be honest, I wouldn't feel
comfortable filing a bug on this without something to substantiate the
crash.  I don't get a bug-buddy pop-up on crash, so I don't really have
anything to give to developers other than what I've said above.

R.
 It's much better on my side"