mirror list and debuginfo bad, Ok with direct URL

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sun Dec 31 04:02:17 UTC 2006

Luke Macken wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 30, 2006 at 09:51:06PM -0500, Jim Cornette wrote:
>> I just had a crash with gnome-games and decided to install the debuginfo
>> package so the information provided in the reports would be more useful
>> to track down the problem with the bug buddy output. I had to use the
>> direct url instead of the mirrorlist to get to the debuginfo packages.
>> Should the default be for the single url since these packages are in
>> less demand than the other binary rpms?
>
> What happened when you tried to install it using the mirrorlist?
>
> `yum --enablerepo=core-debuginfo install gnome-games-debuginfo` works
> fine for me.
>
> luke

Every attempt ended up without finding a development repo for debuginfo.
This was also true for development extras.

Changing the mirrorlist to the excerpt below let me grab the debuginfo
file for gnome-games. now to win a game again for aisleriot to see if I
can get a trace.

[development-debuginfo]
name=Fedora Core - Development - Debug
baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/$basearch/debug/
#mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=rawhide-debug&arch=$basearch
enabled=1
gpgcheck=0

Jim

--
People of privilege will always risk their complete destruction
rather than surrender any material part of their advantage.