Latets yum thoroughly hosed?!

Steven Haigh netwiz at crc.id.au
Thu Feb 2 04:24:03 UTC 2006

Hmmm - so as details are not really forthcoming with this issue, I've done
some digging. A previous poster was right, I rolled back to FC4's yum
package - and the same issue still occurs.

This leads me to believe that it's not an issue with yum - but an
underlying problem. I haven't been able to isolate this issue yet -
however it brings my system to it's knees. Pretty much all processes stop
and I have to kill my system while it happens. I'm doing this via SSH, and
the session hangs, and although the system will respond to pings, every
other process seems to hang in the meantime.

Anyone got any hints on this?

--
Steven Haigh