FC5T2 ready for even a test release?

David Timms dtimms at bigpond.net.au
Fri Feb 3 09:20:45 UTC 2006

Horst von Brand wrote:

>OK, so you are arguing for getting the packages off the install CDs or DVDs
>when they are available there, not over the net? Sounds reasonable. AFAIU,
>SUSE does exactly that.

Not just the CD/DVD, but we need to be able to point to the iso image
location on disk, or the Fedora/RPMS folder of the mounted iso image. I
stopped making CD's to install fedora quite sometime ago. Ideally the
storage location could be configured/stored, so that the add/remove
doesn't require the user to keep entering the path details.
For those trying to implement, try not to assume actual DVD/CD are
available or have been created !
DaveT.