Can FC5t2 x86_64 handle onboard VGA and Ethernet...

David Timms dtimms at bigpond.net.au
Fri Feb 3 12:12:08 UTC 2006

dondi_2006 wrote:

>>>OK, I will try tonight. And the url / path to provide for
>>>an http install would then be this, right:
>>>
>>>http://download.fedora.redhat.comcFedora/RPMS/
>>>

>>No.  Read the responses to your other thread "docs on rescue CD?"
>>

>You mean that the actual path to be entered in the install form should be
>/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/x86_64/, or something else?
>
>TIA,
>D.

Yes, it expects to "see" the top level of the CD/DVD, which has the
Fedora/RPMS folder. It also looks for  disc1/Fedora/RPMS, incase the
CD's are mounted, rather than being copied into the one directory.
Depending on what you want to test/use, disc1 and disc2 may only be
needed, you can:
# yum groupinstall blah to expand the install once you find out whether
the basics work.

The cafe/library/usergroup/friend/snail method sounds like a good plan
to get the full disks.