ATI driver for X.org 7.0.0?

Steven Haigh netwiz at crc.id.au
Sat Feb 4 13:36:34 UTC 2006

On 04/02/2006, at 10:36 PM, Markku Kolkka wrote:

> Steven Haigh kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika lauantai, 4.
> helmikuuta 2006 04:44):
>> Now, if I run fgl_glxgears -info, I get:
>> Using GLX_SGIX_pbuffer
>> GL_RENDERER = Mesa GLX Indirect
>> GL_VERSION = 1.2 (1.5 Mesa 6.4.1)
>> GL_EXTENSIONS = *snipped the million lines :P*
>> X Error of failed request: GLXUnsupportedPrivateRequest
>>    Major opcode of failed request: 143 (GLX)
>>    Minor opcode of failed request: 16 (X_GLXVendorPrivate)
>>    Serial number of failed request: 29
>>    Current serial number in output stream: 31
>>
>> This makes me feel that it's falling back to Mesa instead of
>> GL being handled by the ATI driver. Does this sound correct?
>
> Yes. See the /var/log/Xorg.0.log file to see why hardware
> acceleration is failing.

This is the problem - I can't see anywhere that says it's failing. in
fact, in part of Xorg.0.log, I see:
(II) fglrx(0): Acceleration enabled
(II) fglrx(0): X context handle = 0x1
(II) fglrx(0): [DRI] installation complete
(II) fglrx(0): Direct rendering enabled
(II) Loading extension FGLRXEXTENSION
(II) Loading extension ATITVOUT
(II) fglrx(0): Interrupt handler installed at IRQ 11.

Yet when I launch fireglcontrolpanel, it still shows Mesa to be the
OpenGL library. The output of fglrxinfo also backs this up.

Outputs are at:
http://www.crc.id.au/fedora/Xorg.0.log
http://www.crc.id.au/fedora/fglrxinfo

In use config at:
http://www.crc.id.au/fedora/xorg.conf

The module 'fglrx' is loaded into the kernel, and all is sweet
there... I'm outta ideas on this one :(

--
Steven Haigh

Email: netwiz at crc.id.au