rawhide report: 20060203 changes (touch errors)

Jonathan Berry berryja at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 19:12:26 UTC 2006

On 2/4/06, Claude Jones <cjones at patriot.net> wrote:
> On Saturday 04 February 2006 13:01, Dave Jones wrote:
> > On Sat, Feb 04, 2006 at 12:50:08PM -0500, cjones at patriot.net wrote:
> >  > On Friday 03 February 2006 23:14, Claude Jones wrote:
> >  > > On Fri February 3 2006 9:19 pm, Dave Jones wrote:
> >  > > > x86-64 ? If so, yes.
> >  > > >
> >  > > > Dave
> >  > >
> >  > > Doesn't ring a bell. I'll post them tomorrow when I'm back in the
> >  > > office. Thanks.
> >  >
> >  > Here's what I've got
> >  >
> >  > rpm -qa | grep glibc
> >  > glibc-devel-2.3.90-30
> >  > glibc-devel-2.3.90-34
> >  > glibc-2.3.90-34
> >  > glibc-2.3.90-30
> >  > glibc-common-2.3.90-34
> >
> > I'll ask again. Is this an x86-64 ? If so, having two glibc's is normal.
> >
> >               Dave
>
> Sorry, I blocked on your question. No, it's definitely not an x86-64 machine.

I'm seeing a similar thing on my x86_64 box:
# rpm -qa | grep glibc | sort
glibc-2.3.90-30.i686
glibc-2.3.90-30.x86_64
glibc-2.3.90-34.i686
glibc-2.3.90-34.x86_64
glibc-common-2.3.90-30.x86_64
glibc-common-2.3.90-34.x86_64
glibc-devel-2.3.90-30.i386
glibc-devel-2.3.90-30.x86_64
glibc-devel-2.3.90-34.i386
glibc-devel-2.3.90-34.x86_64
glibc-headers-2.3.90-30.x86_64
glibc-headers-2.3.90-34.x86_64
glibc-kernheaders-3.0-4.x86_64

I have both versions for both architectures, heh.  The update that
pulled in the 2.3.90-34 versions went rather rough.  I had to
constantly go kill off gcj-dbtool because otherwise yum would just sit
there.  I guess there is no telling what might be broken as a result
of that...

Jonathan