updating and gcj-dbtool [was: rawhide report: 20060203 changes (touch errors)]

Jonathan Berry berryja at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 19:58:51 UTC 2006

On 2/4/06, Andy Burns <fedora at adslpipe.co.uk> wrote:
> Jonathan Berry wrote:
> > I had to
> > constantly go kill off gcj-dbtool because otherwise yum would just sit
> > there.
>
> Last time I updated I joked about automating it, today I actually did
>
> while true; do sleep 1; killall gcj-dbtool; done
>
> it worked a treat :-)

Yep, esentially what I did : ).  I'm having to do it now with current
updates.  Things do not seem to be getting better here.  Any ideas on
what can be done for this?  Debugging, bug reports, etc?

> > I guess there is no telling what might be broken as a result
> > of that...
>
> Yes I worry about the future implications too, suppose at worst I can
> just uninstall all java packages and re-install them ...

Could be worth a try.  I do not know what all gcj-dbtool does, so the
impact of it not doing what it should could potentially be further
reaching.

Jonathan