anaconda: us keyboard map messed up?

Richard Hally rhally at mindspring.com
Tue Feb 7 06:46:26 UTC 2006

G.Wolfe Woodbury wrote:
> I went to do a test install of today's rawhide (2006-02-06) and
> everything went fine until I had to type in the name and numbers for the
> NFS location of my local mirror.  The number keys and the / symbol keys
> were quite thoroughly messed up, putting in control and above-ascii
> chars in the entry fields.
>
> This was using the boot.iso, and the keyboard is a PC Concepts clone of
> the M$ "Natural" ergonomic split keyboard (PS/2 connection to MoBo).
>
> Does anyone else see this problem?

This is from an earlier thread ("trying to install rawhide"):

On Tue, 2006-02-07 at 02:43 +0100, Erwin Rol wrote:
 > > I have been trying to install the current rawhide on a older
machine, to
 > > test if it works (my current rawhide machine is just an yum updated
 > > FC4).
 > >
 > > But I don't get very far, It boots OK, than i get the language and
 > > keyboard selection. I select US keyboard and than my A and Q and my W
 > > and Y keys are switched, and probably a lot of other keys too.

Yeah, somehow the us layout became azerty instead... there's nothing in
the logs to really help in figuring out why.  The x86_64 tree is fine.
So, we're going to see if it goes away tomorrow (in which case, it could
just be something weird on a specific build machine)

 > > Ignoring the weird keyboard i select http install, and than get the
 > > Message "Running anaconda, The Fedora System Installer - please wait"
 > > and pretty much directly after that "install exited abnormally" and
 > > there my install adventure is over.

Hmm, can you switch to tty3 and see what the last thing printed there?

 > > It anybody actually using/testing the install system, or is it just
 > > there for show until the next test release is here ?

We're testing and fixing things as fast as we can -- unfortunately,
we're not perfect yet  :-)

Jeremy