Firefox startup behaviour

William John Murray W.J.Murray at rl.ac.uk
Fri Feb 10 10:51:30 UTC 2006

 There is a minor, but annoying, behaviour with the firefox launching
behaviour in FC5T2. If I click on a link, e.g. in an email, firefox
is launched. Good. If I click on a second link it is not launched again,
but instead a new tab is opened. Fine.
   However, if the original window is on a different workspace, then I
get no feedback that anything has happened.

  This has obviously been worked on:  If there are two existing firefox
sessions the one in the current workspace is used. IF that is iconised
it is opened.
  But can we go one step further, and open a new window if the existing
one is off workspace?

     Bill