cannot restart xen domain

gb spam gbofspam at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 14:29:15 UTC 2006

On 2/12/06, Jason Montleon <monty19 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> [root at fc5 xen]# ls -al /var/lib/xen/xenbl
> prw------- 1 root root 0 Feb  9 12:06 /var/lib/xen/xenbl
> [root at fc5 xen]# cat /var/lib/xen/xenbl
>
> [root at fc5 xen]# rm /var/lib/xen/xenbl
> rm: remove fifo `/var/lib/xen/xenbl'? y
> [root at fc5 xen]# /usr/sbin/xm create fc5t2xen
> Using config file "/etc/xen/fc5t2xen".
> Going to boot Fedora Core (2.6.15-1.29_FC5guest)
>   kernel: /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.15-1.29_FC5guest
>   initrd: /boot/initrd-2.6.15-1.29_FC5guest.img
> Started domain fc5t2xen
>
> And now I can connect and use the domain.  I do not know what the fifo file
> I deleted does though, and it was not recreated when I started the domain
> again.  That concerns me, but not a lot as everything _seems_ to be working
> properly....  I am also not sure if this is some sort of 'feature' (i.e. it
> happened for a good reason) or if it is a bug.

I don't have the fifo either.  withor wihtout any domains running, so
you may well be ok.  that said, it may just be a transient file that
only exists briefly at the beginning of startup - which would explain
why they don't check for its existence before creating it.  its only a
guess, but if i'm right, i would say its a bug.