DNS resolving problems

Stelian Iancu stelian.iancu at gmx.net
Thu Feb 16 00:22:51 UTC 2006

Hi all,

First of all, I am not sure this is a problem with rawhide, or it's
present in FC4 as well, but since I am now running rawhide and I am
experiencing this issue, I'll post it to this list.

So, to the problem: DNS resolving of any kind takes ages. I've tried
with the local DNS server of my router and with external ones, and the
result is the same. There are no problems whatsoever with the internet
connection, as it works really well after the initial resolving of the
IP address.

So any ideas about how can I solve this issue?

Many thanks!

With regards,
Stelian Iancu