Keyboard support Canada Multilingual

Mike A. Harris mharris at mharris.ca
Fri Feb 17 00:47:14 UTC 2006

Leslie Satenstein wrote:
> Is this going to be fixed for test 3.
>
> Canada french  was perfectly mapped in core4. Broken in core5.
>
> I can make it work with
>
> setxkbdmap "ca(fr)"

That's the new standard way of selecting the french variant of the
Canadian keyboard layout AIU.

> being written as a line in my bash profile. But it does not appear to be
> effective universally (control-alt-f1, for example).

If you believe there is a bug in the support, please file a bug report
in X.Org bugzilla at http://bugs.freedesktop.org in the "xorg"
component.

The xkbdata is undergoing many changes currently as it migrates
away from the older ad-hoc definitions to a more standardized and
uniform set of definitions.  In the process, there will be some
bugs, and there will also be some changes that require systems to
be configured differently from how they may have been in the past.
Due to this change, other tools will also need changes to handle
the new xkb data properly.

All xkb bugs should be filed in the X.Org bugzilla.  Once they're
resolved by the upstream maintainers, we will review the changes
for potential inclusion in future builds.

--
Mike A. Harris  *  Open Source Advocate  *  http://mharris.ca
                       Proud Canadian.