FC5t3: Install with Nvidia Geforce 7600GT problem

Adam Gibson static at xstatica.com
Tue Feb 21 03:30:09 UTC 2006

Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-02-20 at 20:35 -0500, Adam Gibson wrote:
>
>>What does it take to get device 0092 added to the approved nvidia device
>>list so that it is detected properly to use the nv driver?
>

> File a bug with the pci id against xorg-x11-drv-nv

Done.  The nv driver should be used and would solve the problem but the
VESA driver should work with it too as a fallback so that is another
issue which I filed a separate bug for.

Since another FC5t4 will not be available to test things further, anyone
know how to force the nv driver during installation?  Once installed I
can manually configure the nv driver if needed.  I could always use the
text mode but I want to test the gui installer.