VMware Workstation and FC5T2 Working??

Christopher A. Williams chrisw01 at comcast.net
Tue Feb 21 14:21:50 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-02-21 at 12:26 +0100, Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:
> > Did you untar the two files and make the necessary changes to the module
> > c files.   Then re-tar them?
> > I can confirm that the two patches worked just fine for me.
> >

> yes, I needed to re-tar it
> Have a look at my post
> http://clunixchit.blogspot.com/2006/02/vmware-player-and-livecd.html
>
> --
> http://clunixchit.blogspot.com

I have Workstation 5.5.1 now working on FC5T3 with a fresh install of
VMware and the latest patch from:

http://knihovny.cvut.cz/ftp/pub/vmware/

Starting with the vmware-any-any-update97.tar.gz patch, the software now
"complains" about a few things when compiling, but it does work.

...and pretty well at that.

It will probably work on FC5T2 as well, but I upgraded to T3 before
giving it a try.

Cheers,

Chris

--