Mouse & Keyboard Locks-up in FC5t3

tsimi at speakeasy.net tsimi at speakeasy.net
Wed Feb 22 16:56:28 UTC 2006

Hi,

I had this issue in FC5t2 as well.  While in gnome, my mouse will partially stop functioning.  I can move the cursor, but none of the buttons will do anything.  At this point the keyboard still works.  If I have an open terminal I can ALT-TAB to it and run another application, and the mouse starts to work fine again.

If I don't have a terminal window open however, all I can do is keyboard entery into the open programs (if any).  Aside from the open programs, all I can do id either CTRL-ALT-F# to go to another login screen, which works fine, or CTRL-ALR-BKSP to shut X down.  But when I return to gnome after going to another login, the keyboard is completely locked-up and I have to reset the machine.

Any Ideas?

Thanks
Todd