Issus after todays updates 20060222

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Wed Feb 22 22:21:41 UTC 2006

DAVID BENTLEY wrote:
> After todays updates (22/02/06) the
> gnome-power-manager icon has
> dissapeared and no mater how I configure the unused
> network interface on
> both of my machines in test mode I now get a popup
> saying that the network
> connection has been disconnected (presumably for the
> one not connected)
> as the expected connection is actually working.
>
> I presume the network connection popup is due to with
> the libnotify
> addition in the excerpt from todays update of
> NetworkManager.
>
> NetworkManager-0.5.1-13.cvs20060221
> -----------------------------------
> * Tue Feb 21 2006 Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com>
> 0.5.1-13.cvs20060221
> - Add BuildRequires: libnl-devel (#rh179438#)
> - Fix libnm_glib to not clobber an application's
> existing dbus connection
> 	(#rh177546#, gnome.org #326572)
> - libnotify support
> - AP compatibility fixes
>
> I will check for bug reports on both issues before
> reporting if necessary.

I am seeing the "balloon" pop up also stating no network on a fresh
install on a Dell Desktop. ifconfig shows normal network connection.

I did not have the problem before applying the updates for today.

Regarding the gnome-power-manager ICON. I am seeing a plug on a desktop.

Also, just to mention that the Suspend choice on the menu is a little
bit dangerous. I accidentally selected the Suspend choice. Suspend does
not work on the Dell desktop model computer either. (usb related error,
I believe.)

Jim