No DVB support in newer kernels?

Stephane Gaucher Stephane.Gaucher at USherbrooke.ca
Thu Feb 23 14:51:37 UTC 2006

> >> I think i have DVB support my Airstar 2 DVB-T card works out of
> >> the box.
> >> Perhaps you must load the modules manually.
> >
> > I have actually the same probleme. But I direct my solution to a re-
> > compilation
> > of a new kernel (with the support activated).
> >
> > I got a probleme with the new kernel:
> >
> > Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS...
> >
> > Any idea !?!
>
> What kernel arch are you running?

kernel 2.6.14

I try to use a make oldconfig
I try to use the last config into /boot/config...

After that:
make and make modules_install

copy the arch/i386/boot/bzImage to /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.14
copy a complete label in grub and change the old kernel reference to the new
(with or without initrd).

I have try to create a new initrd like

mkinitrd /boot/initrd-2.6.14 2.6.14 without success

No module mptbase found for kernel 2.6.14, aborting

I think the problem is here !?!