Problems with Fedora Core 5 Test 3

Roni M. Oliva rmoliva at citlink.net
Fri Feb 24 17:09:25 UTC 2006

Hello everyone,

I have just downloaded FC5 test 3 and after burning the CD's, I started
to install.  Booting up with the CD was not a problem, but I received an
"exited abnormally" message.  I have trouble with this as I have not had
problems in the past testing out the FC tests on my live machine.  I
just install and when the final release comes out I perform a clean
install while I preserve the partitions where my data reside.

My hardware is quite "old":  Supermicro PDGE6, with two 500Mhz PIII, one
half gif of RAM and lots of disk space.  My video card is also quite
old, but works well for me, it is an Nvidia GeForce 2 MX.

Question is:  Has anyone else had problems with abnormal exit during the
installation of FC5 test 3?

Thanks in advance ..

--
Roni

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person
who is doing it."

-Chinese Proverb