Metacity dumping functionality - sessions needs cleared (was everything install)

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sun Feb 26 03:34:18 UTC 2006

Jim Cornette wrote:
> Antonio Olivares wrote:
>> Hi
>
> Hello!
>>>
>>> Is there a bug report on this? . This doesnt happen for me. Does it
>>>  happen for anyone else at all?

Metacity crashed because of a third party driver for the ATI video being
installed. Metacity did work after clearing sessions. Removing the third
party driver was the fix.
Metacity probably should display some error dialog for the user in the
GUI to inform the user it could not start because of a problem encountered.

Just to clear up the sessions did not help out matters.

Jim