Burning ISOs

Dariusz J. Garbowski thuforuk at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Feb 26 16:46:30 UTC 2006

On 02/26/2006 04:08 PM, Ben Steeves wrote:
> On 2/25/06, Leon Stringer <leon.stringer at ntlworld.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to install FC5t3 on another computer, but I can't burn the
>> ISOs.
>>
>> I've tried burning from GNOME and using cdrecord, e.g.
>>
>> cdrecord dev=/dev/hda -eject -v -dao FC-5-Test3-i386-disc1.iso
>
> Try using -pad.  I haven't burned a coaster in years (on probably four
> or five burners).  DVDs are sadly another matter, but even then my
> failure rate has been about 5-8%, not too shabby really, and that was
> on an older DVD burner.

I've had mixed results with DVD burning due to questionable media
quality. The moment I switched to Taiyo Yuden-based Verbatims I have
100% success rate! Make sure you buy good quality media (e.g. not all
Verbatims are good either!) -- see "Blank Media & Quality FAQ"

http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

You can also look at "Where to buy good media"
http://www.digitalfaq.com/dvdguides/buyerguides/buymedia.htm

Disclaimer: I have no connection to either this website nor am I selling
any media. I'm just a user who found those guides useful.

Regards,
Dariusz