FC5T3 install issues (Video - winbind auth)

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at fedoraproject.org
Mon Feb 27 19:02:01 UTC 2006

During my FC5T2 install I had no issues with video, this time around the
installer started with part of the top missing (lines going through).
Also after changing my monitor in the install to 1920x1200 I could not
select that mode without taking the color rate down to thousands.  On a
successful install the startx screen also has the right 1/4th of the
screen covered with horizontal lines.

Also during the install proccess after reboot I chose to use winbind
authentication.  When I finally booted and ran setup, winbind was
selected for user info but not user authentication.  For some reason the
settings got wipped.  Even after setting stuff back up its still not
allowing me to authenticate.

The error I get in the logs is "Got invalid request length: 0"

    -Mike