Mouse lockups in X.org w/ ATI

Todd Simi tsimi at speakeasy.net
Tue Feb 28 00:35:31 UTC 2006

I have a mouse problem, but I am using NVidia, and it happens with a
Microsoft USB Optical Mouse as well as a Microsoft PS/2 ball mouse.

With mine, the mouse_over and mouse clicks stop working.

I have found that sometimes ALT-TAB will reactivate it.

Gordon Messmer wrote:
> This is interesting...  The mouse seems to lock up after 10 seconds
of
> inactivity.  As long as I use the mouse constantly, it doesn't seem
> lock up.

Also, the problem doesn't affect non-optical mice.  I have a Dell
branded USB mouse which works properly.

I'll try to get my hands on another brand of optical mouse later, and
see if it's specific to the Logitech brand.