[offtopic but still]Re: 2.6.15

tony tony at tgds.net
Tue Jan 3 15:36:15 UTC 2006

Le mardi 03 janvier 2006 à 10:24 -0500, Dave Jones a écrit :

> Maybe their upstreams have more managable version numbers ;)

Dave,

I have been trying to build a custom kernel from Fedora Source rpms and
have a couple of questions:

	As per instructions I have tried renaming the kernel buy just changing
the FCx bit. make rpm strips out the "-" ... How does one rename a
kernel rpm?

	The resulting kernel runs just fine except that mkinitrd must be run by
hand. This means that I can not feed it to kadischi to make a liveCD (my
goal). This also is a kernel nuber/name issue.

Any pointers greatly appreciated

TIA

Tony
--