Pilot Conduits for Adress and Calendar

D Canfield canfield at uindy.edu
Fri Jan 6 05:36:35 UTC 2006

Christopher A. Williams wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-01-05 at 16:49 +0100, Roger Grosswiler wrote:
>
>> Am Mittwoch, den 04.01.2006, 14:08 +0100 schrieb Roger Grosswiler:
>>
>>> Hey,
>>>
>>> When will those Conduits be available again?
>>>
>>> Cheerio,
>>> Roger
>>>
>> Hey,
>> nobody interested in testing gpilot/evolution? am i alone? did i miss
>> something?
>>

> You're not alone.
>
> There are many who are just frustrated because you have to go to outside
> repos to find combinations of software that actually make this work. I'd
> love to see this fixed in the main distro myself. Looks like it's going
> to take mainly updates to gpilot and Evolution...
>
> Cheers,
>
> Chris

I see the conduits are completely disabled in the spec file, presumably
because if you enable them, evo fails to compile.

 From the changelog:
- updated patch 800, replacing
  rh-161817-attach-116019-conduit_pilot_link_updates.diff with
  evolution-2.5.2-fix-conduits.patch.  Not yet complete.
- disable pilot support for now (see #175160)

These conduits run fine in the ubuntu 6.04 test release that I tried out
last week, so presumably it's not a fundamental flaw in the conduits.

DC