rawhide report: 20060105 changes

David Timms dtimms at bigpond.net.au
Fri Jan 6 05:56:53 UTC 2006

Build System wrote:

>opensp-1.5.2-1
>--------------
>* Thu Jan 05 2006 Tim Waugh <twaugh at redhat.com>  1.5.2-1
>- 1.5.2.
>
>Broken deps for i386
>	libofx - 0.8.0-1.i386 requires libosp.so.4
>	openjade - 1.3.2-22.i386 requires libosp.so.4

Seeing this when trying yum  update.
# yum update
Setting up Update Process
Setting up repositories
development               100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
Resolving Dependencies
--> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait.
---> Package docbook-dtds.noarch 0:1.0-30 set to be updated
--> Running transaction check
--> Processing Dependency: openjade = 1.3.2 for package: docbook-dtds
--> Restarting Dependency Resolution with new changes.
--> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait.
---> Package openjade.i386 0:1.3.2-22 set to be updated
--> Running transaction check
--> Processing Dependency: libosp.so.4 for package: openjade
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Missing Dependency: libosp.so.4 is needed by package openjade
==
# rpm -q docbook-dtds
docbook-dtds-1.0-29
# rpm -q openjade
package openjade is not installed
# rpm -q opensp
package opensp is not installed
==
manually DL and yum install opensp-1.5.2-1, but still have the same problem
==
opensp appears to not have libosp.so.4 anymore, but:
# rpm -ql opensp   [-1.5.2-1]
/usr/lib/libosp.so.5
/usr/lib/libosp.so.5.0.0
Also, looks like docbook-dtds.spec didn't change it's requires since
this year. However, in this 5 test1 install then updating, somehow
docbook-dtds requires of openjade was ignored=not installed on my
system. Hmmn. Packages selected were not modified from the defaults in
anaconda. DaveT.