rawhide report: 20060110 changes

Ben Matteson bmatteso at us.ibm.com
Tue Jan 10 19:32:16 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 19:21 +0100, DI Mario Bruckschwaiger wrote:
> > kernel-2.6.15-1.1826.2.9_FC5
> > ----------------------------
> > - update bcm43xx driver to version tested in -HEAD
>
> The interface with this driver is not set up correctly when started with
> netprofile kernel parameter. If rate is set manually with iwconfig (mode
> is Managed), the driver works. And I did not get it to work with an
> encrypted wlan. Am I doing something wrong, or is it still not usable?

Mario,

I had the same problem with the madwifi driver (the newer proprietary
one);  I think this isn't too uncommon, so I don't think you're doing
anything wrong.  I create a netprofile called 'None' for when I'm using
wireless and just use a script to bring up wireless.

I realize this doesn't help too much, but hopefully it's helpful to know
you probably aren't doing something wrong.

Ben