2.6.15rc kernel packages for FC4.

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Wed Jan 11 22:21:17 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2005-12-16 at 16:51 -0500, Dave Jones wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 16, 2005 at 01:49:38PM -0800, Brian Gaynor wrote:
>  > On Fri, 2005-12-16 at 09:25 -0800, Josh wrote:
>  > > Thank you! Thank you!
>  > >
>  > > I tried it on my Acer Ferrari 4005 laptop and it recognized the
>  > > Synaptics touchpad  while the previous kernels didn't.
>  > >
>  >
>  > Strange, my Synaptics touchpad, which had been working just fine, isn't
>  > recognized by the test kernel. Dave, I suppose I should Bugzilla this?
>
> Sure.  That hardware has been a thorn in my side since I can remember.
> We've had "works/doesn't work" cycles of that way back into FC2 era.
>
> I've no idea why it's so fragile.

Dave,

Can't find the thread, so replying here, but you said something about
the rc kernels needing HAL or DBUS from rawhide for the synaptics driver
to work.

It there any intention of getting this ported (or solved)?

I'm happy to test these kernels, but until my mouse works properly it's
a real hassle.  The three things I use most on my laptop are the
keyboard, the mouse and the screen.  Without a well functioning mouse
it's hard to get stuff done (or test things).

Rodd
 It's much better on my side"