How many FireFox 64bit users are there?

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Sun Jan 15 15:30:07 UTC 2006

On Sun, Jan 15, 2006 at 08:05:32AM -0600, Justin Conover wrote:
> I'm curious how many of the 64 bit os users out there, really need a 64bit
> web browser?

Its a 64bit OS

> your website because you used closed source flash would go over like a lead
> ballon ;)  And its not just here site, I go to a lot of places that have
> flash and so do a lot of people.

Yes ditto. And all the UK ones I send reminders of their duties under disabled
access law, and remind them that it doesn't work on the latest internet enabled
mobile phones.

I generally also post them links to the RNIB faq on disabled access, the law
itself and bobby. I've had numerous sucessess by being polite. Most are not
instant but replies assuring me it has been noted for the next redesign.

The long term cure for flash however is probably going to be when mozilla and
IE[7,8,...] get good support for SVG, because SVG can provide all the useful
things flash has in a more open fashion.

Alan