flash and firefox

Justin Conover justin.conover at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 03:08:48 UTC 2006

Nope, this isn't a continuation of my last thread, but I thought it was
funny, I open up my laptop today with rawhide and jumped to my wifes site
and what up, no flash, but what?  I installed flash, its in my plugins dir.

Anyway, to stop blah blah blah, the selinux context is incorrect, same as
vmware.

 ls -Z
-rwxr-xr-x  justin   justin   user_u:object_r:user_home_t
flashplayer.xpt
-rwxr-xr-x  justin   justin   user_u:object_r:user_home_t
libflashplayer.so

Changed to

chcon system_u:object_r:texrel_shlib_t

 ls -Z
-rwxr-xr-x  justin   justin   system_u:object_r:textrel_shlib_t
flashplayer.xpt
-rwxr-xr-x  justin   justin   system_u:object_r:textrel_shlib_t
libflashplayer.so

I just thought that was funny, I was complaining about 64 bit browser and
flash and then my 32 bit browser didn't work ;-)