FC5T2 and LVM

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.com
Tue Jan 17 12:06:25 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-17 at 03:13 -0800, Mick Mearns wrote:
> Hi;
>   I started to install T2 and it wants to create LVM volumes.
> The drive I want to install on has FC5T1 on it, and some data
> partitions.
> T2 wants to format the whole drive.
>
> I do not want to use LVM, and stick with /dev/hdbx partitions.
> (sometimes I use explore2fs from XP - wont work with LVM)
>
> I read in the release notes that anaconda is better and easier to
> use???
> I have removed all labels on the drives (e2label /dev/hdx "").
> In FC5T1 I was able to install normally, and pick my partitions.

Guess I don't understand the problem?  You can just choose to do a
custom partition when you get to that screen and do it yourself.  Or you
can let the installer do it, but check the box at the bottom that lets
you review/modify what it chooses for you.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"It's only funny until someone gets hurt, then it's hilarious!"