Gnome panel crash on logout/shutdown attempt

Gerry Tool gstool at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 18 16:26:46 UTC 2006

I have a fresh install FC5T2 completely up to date with today's updates.
Whenever I try to logout  or shutdown via the panel System menu, I get
an error dialog that says 'The Application "gnome-panel" has quit
unexpectedly." with buttons to Restart Application or Close.  Clicking
either, causes the panel to restart, but I can never log out without
going to another terminal with Ctrl-Alt-Fx and rebooting.

Anyone else seeing this?

I couldn't find it in the known problems list, so assume I should
bugzilla it, presumably against gnome-panel.  Will do after hearing back
if anyone else sees it.

Gerry